Friday, June 17, 2011

tis the season...

I do like garage sale season.
Always trying to keep a bit of cash on me,
I will stop at any sale that looks promising.

Last week, the Speedway High School music department  had a sale at school.
I always feel as if I need to help them, so I do try to find something to buy.  :-)

Last year, I found my brass bunny bookends (which I decaupaged in old book pages.)


Well this year, I found a very heavy metal stool and an old picnic basket.
Not sure what I will do with the picnic basket,
but I will probably at least add some fabric lining.

The stool would look great with our Hoosier cabinet
(if we end up having it downstairs in the bar area.)

The bottom of the stool was wrapped in cardboard and tape.


Funny little felt and tape booties covered the feet.


Once everything was removed,
 and a fair amount of cleaning was done,
 I am quite happy with my seven dollar donation to the Speedway High School music department!


Until next time,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment