Sunday, March 27, 2011

Swedish Love

 Back in the early 1970's, I was lucky enough to travel to Sweden.


I loved the people.  
The food was fresh and tasty.  
The vegetable gardens were magnificent.  
The homes were clean and colorful with bursts of red (my favorite color.)


Coming home, so long ago, my suitcase was filled with Swedish treasures.
Those treasures are still in my home today.

Swedish country lady


Dala horses


hand-blown cut glass


traditional wooden Swedish heart


Christmas Ornaments


hand carved wooden animals


silk-screened Christmas cloth


Astrid Lindgren's The Brothers Lionheart (a most beautiful fairy tale)




These items still bring memories of my wonderful time in Sverige!

Denise

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Objects like that are special for the memories they keep close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's these types of treasures that will always remind me of our home. And your pictures look nice... i'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete