Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bathroom Mod Podge Fun

Not pretty, I know.


Messy toothpaste tubes are part of our family life.
True, I normally wash off my toothpaste tube when it leaks.
Not everyone in the family does this.

I have really been wanting to perk up the shelves in our bathroom cabinet and medicine cabinet.


I bought this scrapbook paper at JoAnn Fabrics a few weeks ago when they were on sale,
six for a dollar.


I just can't pass up a JoAnn's sale!

First step was to clean out the cabinet.
I am always amazed how much stuff we can keep in a small place.
Anyway, a good cleaning and I was ready.
I cut the paper to fit the shelves.
(Not only do I love this paper because the stripes make it so easy to cut straight,
but the blue stripes remind me of men's shirting -
so clean and fresh.)
Next I brushed Mod Podge on the shelf,
placed the paper on the sticky shelf,
brushed another coat of Mod Podge on top of the paper,


and waited for it to dry.
(This is always the hardest part.)

All finished!



Now, I know that beautifying these cabinets will not stop toothpaste tube leaks,
but this will make cleaning the shelves so much easier.
Plus, I just like the feeling of having something finished to my satisfaction,
and pretty to boot!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment