Friday, July 22, 2011

simple projects...

I decided to clean the living room yesterday.

No room for August's toys and books.
Father's Day and birthday cards still on the mantel.
Too much furniture.
Too much clutter.
Tired of a hanging lamp.
Tired of some hanging pictures.

Of course it took me all day.
Ten trips up and down the staircase moving all of our books to the basement
and moving most of the children's books upstairs.





Filled in holes in the ceiling and the wall.
Touched up paint.
Realized that I touched up with paint not quite the same as on my wall.
Went looking for living room paint.
Found it.
Opened the can.
Gross, rotten paint (won't describe.)
At this point it was almost 9:00 p.m. and I still wanted to sweep the house.
Called  Ted.
He will bring me a sample pot of living room paint.
Thank goodness for Ted.
Until then I have light tan splotches on my walls.

Late to bed.
At Erin's by 4:45 am -
took a group to the airport.
Relaxing few days at Disney for them
(watch out Harry Potter World!)

Watching little August all day today.
Swimming at Aunt Lily's pool.
Enjoying the books and toys in his little corner.
Precious little boy.












Take care,
Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment