Tuesday, October 16, 2012

what a happy morning

A little bit misty, cool, and quiet morning.
I need to find a place
for a table and chairs
so I can sit outside, with my coffee.


Speaking of mornings,
August came to visit this morning.
What a funny boy!
As he was eating his breakfast,
 I was in the kitchen. 
When I came back I noticed Cheerios
all over the room, with Henry frantically
trying to eat them all before any clean-up could occur.
I asked Gus what happened.
He answered,
"Henry likes Cheerios just like me."
and threw handful at Henry.
So that's why Henry is constantly by August's side.

As he built his train track
and made cars and other things with the Legos,
I mentioned that he might end up
becoming an engineer when he grew up.
He answered,
"No. I'm gonna be a BIG dinosaur when I grow up!
Pobly a T Rex!"

Although we had discussed this before,
we began to talk about Halloween costumes again.
August is going to be a 
red Lego.
He told me his dad was going to be a 
blue Lego.
His mom was going to be a
polar bear.
I guess I am going to be a 
seal.
Earlier he had told me that Papaw was
too big for a costume.
When I said,"Oh that's too bad for Papaw!"
August replied in such a sad tone, "Yes, that's too bad for Papaw!"
He really seemed sad.

But today he told me with a smile,
"Maybe a dinosaur costume would
be big enough for Papaw!"
Wow, August, that would be quite a sight!

Happy Autumn today!
Denise



1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Oh, that boy! And I want to see papaw in a dino costume!

    ReplyDelete