Thursday, July 26, 2012

thoughts for today

Thankful thoughts for today...

1. I am thankful that I woke to gray clouds - is there any chance they will bring rain today?

2.  I am thankful for some crafting goodness yesterday with Sarah. Time spent crafting always gets my creative juices flowing. Plus, Mrs. Late 1960's Sewing Machine received a new hat! (Well, actually, her hat is not quite complete...)


3.  I am thankful I have begun to check off some of my mental list of summer projects.  Funny how school looming in the near future helps me get in gear.

4.  Doctor says I am overdue for a tetnus shot.  This, my friends, can be put off until next week as I have no plans to be around rusty nails this weekend. I am so thankful.

5.  I am thankful my sunflowers are smiling so happily, even in 102 degrees. (Yes, they are the only things smiling in this Will It Ever End Heat!)


6. I am thankful that even though our air conditioner has decided to work only 14 out of 24 hours each day, it humors us by working during our sleeping time.

7.  I am thankful that I now have a phone number of a nice young man that might be able to coax said air conditioner into working for a full 24 hour day.

8.  Even though my marigolds did not make it through the heat yesterday, I am thankful that the other flowers in my windowboxs are still hanging on for dear life.


8.  Lastly, I am happy that Michelle has been able to spend time with her sweet friends this week before heading off to IU on Saturday. Blurry picture (surprisingly I didn't take) but good memories.


Keep cool today,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment