Friday, July 13, 2012

Ramblings on critters

Lately, we have had this stray (?) cat roaming our yard, hissing and surprising us.
I like cats, but not this one.

Yesterday, Steve found the tiniest bunnies on our driveway.
Sadly, one bunny had already gone to bunny heaven.
The other one was still alive.

Of course, Mr. Stray Cat was sitting there hissing at Steve.
Luckily, Steve was bigger than Mr. S. C. and he sent the mean thing on its way.

Taking Little Bunny to church, all wrapped up in a towel and tucked into a small bed (box), friends at church spent the morning trying to feed poor Little Bunny.
All afternoon Steve sat on the couch and held it, but Little Bunny was just too young to be so far away from her mommy.
Little Bunny was buried in her bed.

Late last night, as Michelle was getting out of her car, Mr. S. C. surprised her in the dark, hissing.
Michelle was not happy.

In the back corner of the garage, Steve has a very obvious hoarders corner.  (Stick with me here.) By this I mean he stacks things, tucks things, and buries things here.  Shopping one day, we were lucky enough to find four old barn lights (this is really another story for another day) for our kitchen.  Unfortunately, for some odd reason, he tucked those lamps into this very scary corner, even though they need to be cleaned and painted.  Thinking today was the perfect day to pull those lamps out and give them a good scrub, I plopped on my brave hat ready to do battle.

Now, I will tell you that seeing the mouse run behind my compost bin a few times didn't send me running. Outside (where mice are supposed to be) I can live with them as long as they don't run up my arm while I am harvesting lettuce for my salad.
That being said, I absolutely HATE mice indoors.  I know those are strong words, but it is just unnatural for mice to be in my indoor habitat.  Mostly the garage is Steve's habitat, but I do store my garden supplies and car in there. Still, this no place for a mouse.  But, you guessed it, big as you please, there sat Bold Mouse on Steve's workbench this morning, chewing on something and just looking at me. Once I finally took a breath and blinked, Bold Mouse hopped off the bench and ran home to hoarder's corner.

I ran inside, grabbed the keys, and pulled out my car.  I am not having Bold Mouse surprise me as I drive merrily down the highway, like Bold Mouse's cousin did to my sister-in-law years ago.
Now, why oh why, isn't Mr. Stray Cat taking care of Bold Mouse?

So for now, the dirty lamps continue to be hidden.
Mr. Stray Cat continues on his bullying ways.
And Henry continues to enjoy his summertime naps, oblivious to what is going on around him.



Thanks for listening to my ramblings!
Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment